The following are great reference materials for process engineers and packaging engineers:
- Fundamentals of Microsystems Packaging by Rao R. Tummala – This book provides a thorough, comprehensive view of microelectronics packaging. This is a great resource for engineers who are new to microelectronics assembly industry.
- Advanced Wirebond Interconnection Technology by Shankara K. Prasad – This is a “how to” book that provides a complete reference for wire bonding process. This is a great reference material for process engineers who are responsible for, or support, the wire bonding process.
- Wire Bonding in Microelectronics: Materials, Processes, Reliability and Yield by George Harman – This book provides a deeper look into the wire bonding process, and is especially useful for failure analyses.
- Flip Chip Technologies by John H. Lau – This book provides a deeper look into flip chip technologies and is mostly useful for design or packaging engineers.
- Surface Mount Technology: Principles and Practice by Ray P. Prasad – This book, though not a microelectronics packaging book, provides a comprehensive view of surface mount technologies. This is a good reference material for design engineers and process engineers.